VIVO IPL 2019 Match 24 will be held between Mumbai Indians and Kings XI Punjab at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai. In IPL 2019, both the teams already clashed in the match 9 at Mohali Stadium where Kings XI Punjab won by 8 wickets.
In this season, if we look at the record of both teams, then Mumbai Indians has played 5 matches, won 3 and lost 2 whereas Kings XI Punjab had played 6 matches, won 4 and lost 2.
1. Head to Head Records:
Let’s see the Head to Head records of both teams in IPL history. Both have played 23 games in IPL out them Mumbai Indians won 12 and Kings XI Punjab won 11. As per this numeric success rate of Mumbai Indians is 52.17% and Kings XI Punjab has 47.38%. In the last five encounters Mumbai Indians won 3 and Kings XI Punjab won 2.
2. Key Players:
MI Key Players:
1. Quinton de Kock – Quinton de Kock has played 5 matches and scored 133 runs with the strike rate of 133.00. His personal best high score in this season is 60 runs.
2. Suryakumar Yadav – Suryakumar Yadav has played 5 matches and scored 117 runs with the strike rate of 134.48. In this season his personal best high score is 59 runs.
3. Alzarri Joseph – The West Indies fast bowler Alzarri Joseph has played 1 match and picked up 6 wickets with the economy of 3.27.
4. Jasprit Bumrah – Jasprit Bumrah has played 5 matches and took 5 wickets with the economy rate of 6.75. He is death specialist bowler of MI.
KXIP Key Players:
1. KL Rahul – He has played 6 matches and scored 217 runs with the of 122.59. In this season his personal best high score is 71*.
2. Chris Gayle – He has played 5 matches and scored 160 runs with the strike rate of 152.38. In this season his personal best high score is 79.
3. Ravichandran Ashwin – The skipper of the KXIP has played 6 matches and picked up 7 wickets with the economy rate of 7.37. He can bowl with different types of variations like off-spin, carom ball, topspin, etc.
4. Sam Curran – The 20- year old Sam Curran has played 4 matches and took 6 wickets with the strike rate of economy 8.93. He can also bat at the down order and scored 20 to 30 runs.
3. Pitch Reports:
The Wankhede Stadium pitch is always batsman favored. If the dew factor will effect the field, then chasing will be easier. It’s hard to bowl with moisture balls. The average score on this ground is 160+. The toss will play a crucial role on this ground because of the dew factor.
4. Probable Playing XI:
MI Playing XI
There is good news for the MI fans. Lasith Malinga is now available for MI squad and perhaps he can replace Jason Behrendorff. So, Playing XI will be:
Quinton de Kock, Rohit Sharma, Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan, Kieron Pollard, Krunal Pandya, Hardik Pandya, Rahul Chahar, Alzarri Joseph, Jasprit Bumrah, Jason Behrendorff
KXIP Playing XI
There are some chances of Moises Henriques can replace David Miller. So Playing for KXIP will be:
Chris Gayle, KL Rahul, Mayank Agarwal, Sarfaraz Khan, David Miller, Mandeep Singh, Sam Curran, Ravichandran Ashwin, Mujeeb ur Rahman, Mohammed Shami, Ankit Rajpoot